Went over to Sarah’s and checked out her Infertility Song Shuffle. Even if you are not tearing your hair out in your 2ww, this one is definitely worth a go. Let me explain: you have a list of questions relating to IF. You have your iPod on and set to shuffle. Then you go through the shuffled play list, and each new (random) song is the answer to the next IF question. So without further ado, I present my IF Shuffle.
1. The song for the “you” that existed before you ever thought about your fertility:
Blue Monday – New Order
2. Would you really want to go back and be that person again?
You could be happy – Snow Patrol
(I take it that’s a YES!)
3. The song for when you first started fertility treatments:
They can’t take that away from me – Robbie Williams
(I assume he is talking about the thousands of rands that they have taken away from me – boy was I ever wrong!)
4. What did infertility do to your sex life?
Famous last words – My Chemical Romance
(Need I say more?)
5. What about superstitions and fertility rituals?
Wild Horses! – Gino Vanelli
(I ride them whilst doing IF chants and sprinkling baby dust!!)
6. How about “alternative” treatments, from cough syrup and pineapple to acupuncture and ‘body workers’?
Summer Skin – Death Cab for Cutie
(Skin – body workers – I sense a connection here)
7. How do you feel about coming out of the IF closet?
Op die Voetpad – Chris Chameleon
(This is Afrikaans for “On the Footpath” – the one that leads out of the closet?)
8. Your song for other people’s baby showers:
Kiss you off – Scissor Sisters
9. What about our scary friend hope?
Behind Blue Eyes – Limp Bizkit
(Is that where she’s been hiding?)
10. And lastly, the theme song of your fertility journey:
Right Here Waiting – Richard Marx
Go on give it a bash – it’s a lot of fun and takes the mind off! And as Sarah pointed out, this game can be played again and again! It also gives us a little insight into our fellow-bloggers‘ music tastes! 🙂
IUI Update: Went for 2nd insemination yesterday. Yesterday morning was a comedy of errors, (not going to elaborate) and by the time I got to the doc’s rooms I was feeling quite tense. Needless to say, my suspicions of yesterday’s easy-peasey-japanesey insemination were well founded. Today I am swollen and uncomfortable. I still got my blanky and cuppa, so it wasn’t that bad. And my half hour lie-in. I still *heart* my BFG, and all is well in the Secret Garden. Now we wait.